Pages

Sunday 5 July 2015

Weekly training update week ending 5th July

Today was a pretty decent week, very pleased with how things have gone.
Diet wise, I started off on 2500kcal a day and by mid week bumped this up to 2700kcal.
I then failed to gain the 0.5kg I am aiming for each week despite two cheat meals (of bacon, plenty of it) so this coming week I'll be upping this 400kcal instead of the usual 200kcal and having another cheat meal tonight of ice cream

I was recommended to eat plenty of beef by an IFBB pro bodybuilder but 1kg of this was simply too hard for me. I was hungry but somehow my body just tapped out when trying to eat that much. So I switched to a mixture of different meats. This was FAR easier, especially fish. I even found myself getting starving in the evening.

All things considered, an average days food will be like this:
3100kcal
200g protons
115g fats
255g carbs

250g mince - 540kcal - 50p, 25f
200g bacon - 530kcal - 30p, 50f
600g fish - 800kcal - 120p, 35f
2 scoops rice flour - 255kcal - 56c
tbpn peanut butter - 60kcal
250g rice - 915kcal - 200g carbs

The bacon will be eaten first thing in the morning, fish and rice spread throughout the day. The beef will be my final meal when I am getting hungry. The rice flour and peanut butter is for a shake to drink pre-training. I don't like to eat before I train, I want the blood in my muscles not digesting food so this is essentially just a liquid meal. Rice flour is just milled white rice so is completely identical to actual rice.
It's pretty good taste wise, just put some hot water in a shaker, add two scoops, the tablespoon of your favourite nut butter, some stevia, cinnamon and nutmeg then stir it up and fill up the rest with more hot water. It's kinda like oatmeal. Sugar bloats the fuck out of me and causes the kidneys to release water dehydrating me so I do not want to use a mass gainer type shake. No protein powder either, the 5g from the peanut butter and my food for the entire day is PLENTY.

DO NOT SHAKE AFTER PUTTING THE HOT WATER IN, THE COLD AIR WILL RAPIDLY EXPAND AND IT WILL EXPLODE, SPRAYING MOLTEN PEANUT BUTTER EVERYWHERE

As for training, this week I did the following:
Monday - Squats 3x160, 170, 180kg no wraps. 5 sets 10-12 reps with 100kg on safety bar squats, then 3 sets each leg bulgarian split squats

Tuesday - Close grip bench 67.5kg 5 sets max reps, 5 sets ring dips max reps, incline db bench 5 sets with the 20kg dumbbells

Thursday - deadlifts, 5x180kg, 3x205kg, 1x230kg. Stiff legs 3x10x120kg. Rows 3x5x110kg, pulldowns multiple sets then some one armed dumbbell rows then 2 sets of preacher curls

Friday - Slingshot bench, ring dips, JM press, triceps extensions with the dumbbells, done like the other bench day

Saturday - Shoulders and arms, with a focus on rear delts. 4 delt exercises, 3 triceps/biceps exercises done for 3 sets supersetted

That's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment